Monday, July 5, 2010

24th Year Wedding Anniversary - Aishah & Me

At the strike of 12 midnight about 14 minutes ago, it's 5 July, 24 years ago I was married to Aishah Binti Hashim... To be exact at 3.30 PM on 5 July 1986....

This is a short entry especially dedicated to Aishah who has been so extremely patience with me - the "unromantic type"!!! It has been a wonderful 24 years together, the ups and down together ....

I am blessed and contented by your undivided & borderless love. The greatest moment? The best was exactly after you were officially declared as my wife after the "akad nikah' ... until now it bemused me that I have to leave you in Batu Pahat and rushed back to KL since I would be registering for my 2nd Year on 7 July 1986... It was Jai (my class mate) who first knew about the marriage and I was teased by him for that whole week!!! Words spread around and the common remarks then especially among the Seniors were " Budak kecik tu? Yang always in jeans & pakai selipar tu? He's married?"

Life went on and the next best thing happened when our 1st son was born - Muhammad Adil Ridhuan - he's 22 years now! How time passed by ... I remember early that morning of 29 November 1988, I was literally scrambled to the SS21 PJ Police Station to register his birth - with mixed feeling... I couldn't believe it!!! at the age of 25 & in my Final Year, I was a father to a healthy & cute little boy - another human being at that!! He is now bigger and taller than me ...

Then, it was Fathin Nadia's turn on 15 December 1990 - our "moody" pretty lass and the last was Muhammad Adil Ridhuan - the "quiet" but witty Afiq...

All in all it had been a wonderful 24 years - happily "stuck" with you, Aishah and InsyaALLAH I intend to stick together for years to come!!!

Thanks for being an understanding wife & being a good mother to the kids. Glad that you accept me as what I am - the "unromantic" type, a bit "rough" but deep inside I know that I love you so much ....

Happy 24th Anniversary, my dearest ......

No comments:

Post a Comment