Saturday, July 24, 2010

The 3 Great Poets - I Finally Got it all ....

I have been looking high and low for the "Antologi Puisi" by my favourite 3 Poets namely Amir Hamzah, Chairil Anwar & W S Rendra. The last time I read their poems when I was in my Sixth Form (1983) and years before when I was in my lower primary in the 'hip' 70s.

I managed to have all "Antologi Puisi" by Chairil Anwar few months back.... Thanks to Aishah as she scoured through Jakarta & Medan just to buy them for me... I really appreciate it and thanks....

Today, I managed to get hold of my self "Antologi Puisi" by W S Rendra .... The bonus of the day was I also bought an autobiography of another great Poet, Amir Hamzah. He could be considered as the "father" of Indonesian modern poems and has great influence on Indonesian/Malaysian poems - even in the Malay Archipelago - in the 50s & the contemporary....

I might share with you the tragic life of Amir Hamzah & Chairil Anwar plus the "rebellious" Rendra in my next posting - though I believe most of you might have known it ....

Good night all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment