Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's Ramadhan @ "Puasa" Again

Now the clock is at 2.44 AM & I just could not sleep. Tomorrow from the sunrise to the sunset we will start our fasting ....

The 1st day is always the tough one as some say. especially for kids. I remember when I was a kid - I started fasting at the age of 4, of course with the regime of " setengah hari puasa" then slowly fasting for the full day - it was as if that 1st day would not ended.

There was one ocassion where I was literally lying down right in front of the "juadah puasa" at 6.00 PM waiting to break fast at about 7.26 PM!!!! Talking about "juadah puasa", it's not like what it is now. There was no "ayam percik", "murtabak", "ikan bakar" etc.

For me & my family during those days, "buka puasa" means a simple dish of "nasi putih" with "telur masin" & "ikan rebus goreng" or " gulai pisang muda" plus of course "kicap" - it's heaven!!!! Not to be missed, Mak would also prepare "pengat pisang"...

Those were the wonderful years and I would post further entries re: fasting month during my kid's days @ my kampung - I believe some of you may have had the same experience especially the RK Boys!!!!!

Selamat Berpuasa .....

No comments:

Post a Comment