Monday, August 23, 2010

For A Better Malaysia

I could only say Alhamdulillah as for 2 consecutive weeks, we had a full quorum as the whole family members were able to break fast together - Aishah, Adil, Nadia, Afiq & myself...

And for these 2 consecutive weeks, at the request of the kids I "masak nasi goreng"!!! Well, it may not be as delicious as what you may have had at the restaurants but for my kids - it's "heaven"!!!

Reading the New Sunday Times (22 August 2010) made me feeling so sad. The front page shown a picture of 7 kids from Kuala Krai, Kelantan holding up a self made "Hari Raya" Card with a caption ' Selamat Hari Raya Mama & Papa". Apparently, these siblings of 7 had been left by their parents several years back.

I was even more sad & felt as if my throat was choked when I turned to page 13. There they were the 7 kids were in the midst of writing & decorating their self made giant "Hari Raya" Card. What struck me most was the picture of the kid at the fore front looking attentively at his brothers & sisters writing & drawing the card while holding a "Magic Colour".

By reading the news beside the picture, I assumed the kid must be the youngest of the lot - 3 years old. 3 years old!!! And I was just wondering what did he know about life? What wrong had he done for him to be faced with this sad facts of life?

However all is not lost when at page 37 @ Ramadhan Snapshots, there was a picture of 5 young Malaysian multi racial teenagers ( 2 Malays, 2 Chinese & 1 Indian) had their break fast at the Municipal "Padang" right in front of the Sultan Ahmad Shah Mosque, Kuantan, Pahang. It was so genuine & inspiring at the same time!!!

It's an interesting picture which tells a thousand stories with a thousand hopes for a better Malaysia... Let's hope our younger generations are not being "corrupted" or "being swayed" by those parochial/communal politicians in this beloved country of ours!!!

Till we meet again ....

No comments:

Post a Comment