Monday, March 15, 2010

"Tengok Wayang" With Apak

.... the story continues ...

Ipoh was indeed a very very big town to an 8 year old Kampung Boy like me (it"s about 25 km from Gopeng). We went to Grand Cinema - one of the oldest cinema theatre then, there was no cineplex back in the 70s.

The ticket was priced at RM0.65 sen (3rd class)& the movie enetirled "Cambuk Berapi" an Indonesian Martial Art @ Silat flick ... That day I went home to Kota Bahru as a proud little kid & I was the centre of attraction among my friends at school for a whole 2 weeks'!!!!

As I grew up Apak & I "tengok wayang" for quite a number of times ... at Grand Cinema of course! We watched " For a Few Dollars More", "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" (Clint Eastwood @ Cowboy Stuff) & the best of all "The 10 Commandments" (Charlton Heston @ Moses)...

Apak passed away in 1988 & the sweet memories of "tengok wayang" with him remains forever .... May Allah bless his soul & Al Fatihah ....

No comments:

Post a Comment