Sunday, April 18, 2010

Re Union - SMTI Batch 79/80 [17 April 2010]

It was a hot Saturday afternoon 17 April 2010 at the Royal Perdana Lake Club, Kuala Lumpur. I am referring to the event, the reunion of our batch after 3 decades... That afternoon was hot literally and the event was even hotter!!!

There they were after 30 years - Azahari @ Ajaaiii (it has to be spelt like this in order to really 'feel" the nick name!!!!), Jamil @ Padukang, Duan ... (no nickname here unless he allows me to print it!!!), Niza, Jay Fitri, Hazim, Azmi @ Yob, Azmi Khalid, Julita, Hasimah, Faezah, Ding, Yusri, Raja, Halim, Shafie, Salleh Rose, Berry, Umar, Nan, Norman @ Norm, Megat, Nazri @ Mat Tapi, Nizam, Niza .... and the rest - sorry I couldn't remember your names especially those from Commerce as my mental faculty is a real decay after 30 years!!!

It was fun indeed seeing almost of you after 30 years. I said "almost" as some of us couldn't make it like Nasirudin @ Tojo, Badli @ Big Daddy , Mad Nor @ Beruang, Halim @ Mondok, Harifah (Nizam's wife), Faezah "Chemor", Zihan ... perhaps we could meet up in the next reunion.

Jamil @ Padukang though a bit "quiet" but still has not lost his sense of humour. So do Ajaaaiiii (Note: Azahari, your nickname is getting better & better with more "aaaaa"(s) & "iiiiii"(s)!!!). As for Niza, he is as cool as ever while Azmi @ Yob still sits as the way he sat 30 years back in the classroom. Ding still the typical "China Man" conversing in "Bahasa Pasar" and warts not.... Not to forget Hazim - the handsome guy - still smartly dressed as always.

As for Umar, he still managed to be at the centre of attraction with his jokes and comical humour ... be it sometimes an exaggerated antics though ... Umar being Umar ... he is a funny guy & liked by all ...

I really have to apologise to both Julita & Faezah - they were my class mates!!! - as I couldn't recognise both of you until Julita called & waved at me ... It's too bad that the remaining 2 of your close friends - Zihan & Faezah "Chemor" - were not around... Otherwise the quorum would be completed then!!!! I was about to fall when Hasimah - I think that afternoon was the 1st time I ever had a conversation with her - asked me whether I had gone back to Ipoh to Kak G's house!!! My immediate reaction was how did Hasimah - of all the person in this world and whom I had never talked to even in my school days [Hasimah, sorry as I believe this is correct, eh?] -knew my eldest sister!!! When queried, she told me that she was in the same office as my sister in JKR Ipoh after she graduated from college. What a small world...

It was indeed a great event with fond memories with fond memories which we cherished together back in 79/80. Each of us had our own fun & thrilled moments as students of SMTI .... I wonder whether I have the "courage" to "expose" some of them in my later entries ... I am still coying with the idea since the last time some of us met in February 2010 at PNB Darby Park ....

But 1 thing for sure ... that afternoon brought back sweet memories and most of us behaved liked a 15/16 years old kids!!!!!

To the organisers - Shafie, Norlida, Raja and the rest - congratulations and a BIG Thank You for making it a reality ... You guys had done a really good job!!!!

Till we meet again @ the next reunion guys .... Love you all!!!

P/S - Congratulations also to the new elected office bearers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment