Friday, April 30, 2010

Mother's Day, Father's Day, Life etc

This May would be a back to back celebration of Mother's Day & Father's Day. Mother's Day would fall on 9 May ... Father's Day? I am not really sure but it is in the same month of May, I guess.

I have been writing about Apak in most of my postings but none on my Mak... I will wait for the day @ Mother's Day to write about her.

Suffice for now to put on record that Yah Binti Dahaman, my Mak was a great Mak. She passed away years ago a day before Eidl Fitri.Being the youngest, I was very close to Mak and she really loved me ... Of course she also loved my other siblings being a Mak she was ....

I came across the story of Ganesha, one of the Hindu Gods - quite interesting actually....

The story goes like this ... It was when both Shanmuka & Ganesha, sons of Shiva & Parvati grew up and about to get married. The parents told their sons to compete with each other by going round the world. As a reward, there would be a grand celebration of marriage for the person who managed to achieve the task.

Shanmuka who wanted to win immediately rode on his peacock at great speed while Ganesha thought for a while. He then went to take a bath and went round his parents 7times with utmost devotion and bowed to them.

When asked by Shiva on why he did not even started the journey, Shiva said: " Father, all the worlds are within you two. By going around both of you, I have completed the task of going round the world"...

Ganesha being the cunning and shrewd but most of all being a very respectful son was rewarded in a grand wedding celebration....

So let's ponder for a while and give due respect to our parents while they still around and cite Doa for them if you are in my shoes ....

Till we meet again & smile always ......

No comments:

Post a Comment