Monday, April 26, 2010

No Topic - Free Form

I decided not to limit myself to any particular topic in this posting. I will just let my mental faculty flows wherever it wants...

It had been quite a hectic weekend for me. Normally I would just spend my weekend at home after 5 days working like a dog at the office. The last 3 days I (accompanied by Aishah, my wife) was in the thick of action/hustle bustle of Batang Kali, Rasa, Kuala Kubu Bahru & Serendah.

Who would imagine that these sleepy towns would be full of life & activities for the past 1 week... I could not help but browsing through the history of these towns. We may learn few "lessons" from their history...

Batang Kali was also known for its infamous "Batang Kali Massacre /The British My Lai" way back in 1948... Templer set up New Village here in his campaign of winning the "heart & minds" of the Malaya population then ... The damage was done then and the effect could still be felt until now!!!!

Kuala Kubu Bahru (KKB) was where Henry Gurney was murdered - shot dead!!! It signalled the start of the demarcation and alienation of Malayans during those 1948-1960 period ... We have actually being demarcated almost 500 years back by the colonial powers....

Interestingly, there's a small town near KKB known as "Ampang Pechah" ... It was recorded that in 1883 a big flood submerged the settlement and the only monuments survival were a mosque and a Budhist Temple - I think this is what "Muhibbah" is all about!

Looking back Hulu Selangor is definitely full of historical trivia - I would say a very tragic, sad & melancholic episodes perhaps .... But for the past 1 week, there were hope and expectations though the ending may not as what it is expected ....

But one thing I am very sure is the demarcation is not there anymore ... there's no longer any alienation as all races gather together with a common hope & expectations .... Judging by these factors all is not lost ... I am very confident of this .....

No comments:

Post a Comment