Monday, July 18, 2011

The Yellow Dilemma

Almost all major mainstream newspapers today @ 18 July 2011 quoted the Deputy IGP as saying that it is alright to wear yellow shirt/T Shit so long as the shirt/T Shirt do not have Bersih 2.0 Logo.

Being an ordinary "rakyat" on the street, I do not have to read laws to know that I am free to choose whatever colour toned attires which I want to wear. As it is, those DBKL staff are wearing yellow T shirts, most of the safety signage are in "striking" yellow even I myself have a yellow T Shirt!!! Not to forget our "Harimau Malaya"/the National Football Team most of the time is wearing yellow jerseys.

Notwithstanding the above, I wish to thank the Deputy IGP for clearing up the air as certain section of our society had been struck by what I dubbed as the "Yellow Dilemma". The situation is like an old Malay proverb "Di telan mati emak, di luah mati ayah" .....before things get more complicated, it is better to come up with an official statement or else yellow would becomes an "endangered colour" in Malaysia!!!

There's a reason for it only being an "endangered colour" in Malaysia but not world wide as the Queen Elizabeth was spotted wearing yellow recently when HRH "mencemar Duli" agreeing to meet the PM recently .... Even a British Minister was spotted wearing a yellow neck tie in one of the meetings with the PM...

Eh? Am I missing something here? I wonder whether the Deputy IGP's announcement has something to do with the recent "awkward" position when the PM visited the UK recently.

It's really is a dilemma ......

No comments:

Post a Comment