Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tribute to ex TI 79/80

It was about a month ago, after parking my car I stepped wearily into Zam Zam Cafe & Satay Club, Bandar Utama ... Here I was with my round neck T Shirt, faded jeans and my ever loyal worn out "selipar jepun merah"!!! Weary due to the word "Club" and its location in Damansara Utama. To be frank, I always consider that part of the town is sophisticated and urbane ... My being just an ordinary mortal in the street always weary of the urbane environment .....

As I stepped in, I saw Nan with his guitar and his three pieces band. He waved at me with his natural generous smile from inside an air conditioned section of the Cafe  ... Apparently, our reunion - the batch of 79/80 of Sekolah Teknik, Persiaran Brash, Ipoh had been booked just for us. I noticed quite a few had arrived and gathered having a lively chat with each other ....

Haaa ... there they were Jamil Padukang, Azhar @ Barry, Shaharuddin, Roslina @ Maria ( I guess), Shima, Hilmi, Harith (I last met him when we were sending our kids to MRSM Langkawi years ago) & his wife Zaiton, Faizah (the 1/3 or is it 1/4 of the other Faezah @ Pes, Zihan & Julita), Zihan, Zaim, Nazri Tapi (through to his "Tapi" dia datang Tapi sekejap jerrr), Salleh, Hj Yusri, Duan, Mat Arif, Amin YB, Ali Pek, Lokman, Ismail and few other whom I could not recall their names and of course Raja Abdul Rahman....

We had a good time remembering good old time ... At that function, I became aware of Harith is happily married to Zaiton!!! Another interesting twist apart from my ex class mate Nizam who married to Harifah .. I think this is not the case of " asam di darat ikan di laut bertemu dalam belanga"!!!! Harith as ussual was always in his cool and "serene" state of mind ...

I noticed that Duan had become a bit "wise" and "sobre" ... he he may be age is catching up but not Hj Yusri who was still at his best with his wits and all "ridiculing" YB Amin which happily reciprocated towards him ... I am glad and happy to note that each and everyone of my batch is successful in his/her own life ...

Who would have guess Amin who is a bit stutter ( sorry YB!!!) is an ADUN in Perak ... I came to know about this when Hj Yusri posted about him contesting in Perak DUN (Ulu Kinta) in the FB and when my sister & brother in law mentioned about "this young chap who is very hard working and well liked by the local folks, them included, I proudly declared Amin was my batch at TI Ipoh!!!

Dear Friends, I have to apologise as I could not recall all of you as I only spent barely few hours during those 2 years at TI busying myself with playing truants especially the "high end" Commerce Class ladies!!! Zihan Ibrahim ... hmmm quite a surprise to see the transformation of the old days "cubby" Zihan ... I have not been seeing her since after SPM in 1980 ...


All in all, it was a good reunion ... I noticed the close knit among this batch and I have to give credit to their  high sense of  togetherness and closeness to eaach other. I wish to put on record my tribute to each and everyone of them and a very special tribute to Raja Abdul Rahman who had been tirelessly organising this reunion so as the past reunions .... To Nan keep on jamming and I really enjoyed the song played during the reunion especially the "haunted"  M Nasir's "Cinta Listrik mu"...

To all my friends ... nice meeting you and hopefully in the next round there would be the rest such as Halim Mondok @ Ritchie Blackmore, Shahri Sujak, Badli (really miss him so much), Mohd Noor, Nizam, Harifah and Razif ....

Epilouge:

Seeing Faizah & Zihan that day remind me of Faezah @ Pes who passed away sometime early this year ... She was my class mate (so as Faizah & Julita) and was a very nice and couteous girl next door ... To Fes, regret did not manage to seeing you and may Allah bless your soul ... Al Fatihah....

Till we meet again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment