Thursday, October 7, 2010

Adil - Graduation Day @ PICC Putrajaya 7 October 2010

It is only appropriate for me to say "Alhamdulillah" as today (7 October 2010), Muhammad Adil Ridhuan graduated with his Diploma in Engineering (Electronic)from BMI (UniKL)...

As parents, Aishah & I are very proud of him ... It is just unbelievable the same boy which officially registered as a Malaysian about 22 years back at the Sea Park Police Station has grown up!!

As Aishah & I entered the PICC Planetary Hall, I could not but felt so proud and a bit melancholic ... In 1989 (September), I was at the Dewan Tuanku Chanselor (DTC) UM for my convocation. Mak was there and Adil was also there - he was about a year old - plus Aishah. Aishah accompanied Mak in the DTC as Apak passed away the year before despite his confidently remarked that " InsyaALLAH, Apak umur panjang... Apak datang konvo kamu nanti!!".

Back to Adil as today is his day actually. What can I say about him?

Adil was born when I was in my final year and I could still remember when I went to the faculty for my Final Year Result, I had to bring him along. Aishah just joined the AG Chamber at that time and could not get leave. As I reached the faculty, Adil was grabbed by my classmates - Sally, Zu and afew others -, I finally managed to locate him at Puan Badariah's room!!!!

Adil grown up just like other normal kids - with lots of imagination ... "Ultraman dgn raksasa" and how he adores Batman when he was a kid!!! And without us noticing it, voila!!! he went through the primary, secondary & college. This was of course after seeing & guiding him from day 1 till he could make adecision on his own ...

There was one incident that until now I found it quite amusing.... Adil was about to sit for his PMR the next day and that night about 9.00 PM, Aishah asked him: "Adil. esok periksa PMR kan? Dah ada alat2x tulis pesel 2B?"

His answer? "Alamak!!! Lupa beli laa Mak!!!". That was 9.00 PM something and the next morning was his first paper!!! I just grabbed him - before Aishah said anything further - and bought "10 batang pensel 2B" together with a sharpener!!!

Today, Aishah & I are very proud of him - I trust Nadia & Afiq are of the same feeling too - and to Adil, I would like to say this:

"Adil, congratulation. This is just the beginning of your journey and always do your best in everything you do then you would worry with the impending result/achievement...."

My parting remark - luckily after that PMR incident, Adil need not use "pensel 2B lagi!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment