Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yah Binti Dahaman - My "Mak"

To be frank the above title had been "untouched" for weeks ... I have no particular reasons but what I am very sure is, I am trying to find how and what is the best way to write/describe this wonderful lady - Yah Binti Dahaman - my Mak.

There's no words in this world that could describe her. She's a wonderful Mak & soft and I was so "manja" with her...

Let's just begin this short narrative ...

I am the youngest of 6 and being the youngest everything was somehow or rather "centred" around me. I remember as a kid, she would "suap" me - makan nasi panas) kicap & ikan rebus/ikan bilis goreng. She would wait at the verandah with a plate of rice ... and this would went on until I was in Standard 6!!!

In fact, there were so many fond memories but for lack of space/time, let it just be in my memory...

One thing which I would want to share is that I have this habit of whenever I "balik kampung", I would always look for her in her room @ that particular room and there she was - as usual - "baring - baring & lepak - lepak" on her bed listening to her "loyal" radio... I would then wasted no time and "baring-baring & lepak -lepak" beside her... even for few minutes. That's the one thing that I never failed to do till she passed away few years back.

I was so used to the ritual that when I went back to Ipoh one day, I dashed to that particular room - feeling excited as usual - but only to find that my Mak was not there ... she's just not there!. What did I do? On that particular day I just "baring-baring & lepak" on her bed alone till I went asleep ...with her fond & sweet memories in my dream...

Nite & till my next posting .... Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment