Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kad Laporan Sulit Murid

Yesterday, 2 January 2013 was the day when parents became "students" ... in a state of helter skelter sending their kids especially those enrolled into Tahun 1 - those days it was called "Darjah 1"... As I passed by a primary school on the way to work today, I saw parents were running about and some of them standing outside their kids' classroom lurking their heads into the classroom... Almost all of us had that experience including myself... Today's post is not about the first day in school but about "Kad Laporan Sulit Murid"... I recalled when I was in Standard 1 in 1970, the class teacher would called us one by one to her table. On her desk was a red "kad laporan sulit" where the details of the "murid" were written, things like name, address, parents' occupation and wart not ... The best part about the "Kad Laporan Sulit Pelajar" was the part "Cita-Cita Murid"... I was a "kampong boy" and when asked by my "Cik Gu Darjah, Cik Gu Naimah what was my "cita-cita" - there were 3 choices - I unhesitatingly told her firstly I want to be a pilot, a doctor and a engineer. I ended up a "failure" as far as my three "cita-cita" are concerned .... it's way far off and off the track or rather "melencong jauh" ... There's an opportunity to achieve the "cita-cita" to become an engineer when I was at the Sekolah Menengah Teknik but it disappeared and evaporated into the sky as I "disappeared" from the classes during the two years I was there!!!! The favorite "cita-cita" among the boys were "polis" and "askar" while the girls "guru" or "jururawat". Somehow or rather, my friend Syed Hishamuddin @ "Abang" told Cik Gu Naimah his three "cita-cita" ... He said he wanted firstly to become "ahli gusti", "askar" and "polis"!!! Abang is a "lasak" boy and there was a post regarding him earlier in this blog ... Unlike me, Abang managed to become a police fpor quite a years. I was smiling in my car this morning when I recalled the "Kad Laporan Sulit Pelajar" as the school I passed by disappeared from my view ..... I wonder what were your three "cita-cita" in your "Kad Laporan Sulit Pelajar" .....

No comments:

Post a Comment