Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mak & her radiogram

A short posting on my Mak .... Actually, I could not recall which came first, is it the colour TV or the radiogram. What I am sure is that Apak bought both items for us and the radiogram especially for Mak. I remember Mak would asked me to play her favorite songs such as "Selimut Putih" (Orkes Al Suraya), "Malam Ini Kita Berpisah" (Habibah Yakob) as well as songs from Sanisah Huri, Sharifah Aini, Rafeah Buang and the like .... There was one particular song sung by the duet husband & wife - A. Ramlie and Maria Bachok - entitled "Intanku Liyana". If I am not mistaken the song was composed to celebrate their newly born daughter by the same name. While listening to the songs - I could not escaped anyway due my being my Mak's "DJ" - it amazed me that the album/record cover always had a portrait picture of the singers. The pictures were in various styles ... For the female singers, the pictures would almost always their portrait wearing oversize dark glasses and looking "side ways". For the male singers, they would wear the 70s fashion - "seluar & baju kotak2x" except for Ismail Harun who liked to wear oversize dark glasses. As for me, the album/record cover of Sanisah Huri wearing an Indian Costume - saree and wart not - was the most memorable. One of the song in that album was entitled " Taj Mahal" depicting the love story of Shah Jahan & Mumtaz Jahan. Mak & I was closely bonded via these songs and the radiogram of course and how I missed her so much... May Allah bless her ......

No comments:

Post a Comment