Monday, July 16, 2012

The Real Reason of the repealed of the ISA?

I could not believe my eyes when I read the headline appeared at the front page of the Malay Mail dated 10 July 2012 (Tuesday). The headline read as: "PM: ISA enhances political careers" and below the headline there was this caption: "Najib says Internal Security Act repealed as it didn't help BN-led government politically but uplifted profile of detainees." I then turned to page 2 - just to make sure and it was reported the PM as saying: "... If you put someone under ISA it doesn't kill them politically, instead it enhances their political career." The reasoning as put up by the PM is definitely far off than the reasons given when the announcement of the decision to repeal the ISA was first announced by the PM at PICC Putrajaya if I am not mistaken. I further believe that the reasons given during the motion at the Parliament were also not similar to what was reported in the Malay Mail. From what I know not all ISA detainees are politicians and not all politicians detained under ISA experienced a drastic uplifting of their political career. Just look around and you should be able to guess without me naming the names. There goes the "Janji ditepati" down the drain ...... Good night ....

No comments:

Post a Comment